Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker/Advanced Social Worker to work full-time within an Access and Response Team based in Yate. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is from £28,785 to £34,788 per annum, plus a recruitment payment of £3000 (Subject to criteria).
- To supervise and/or assist in the management and motivation of a team of staff, giving guidance, advice, and feedback as appropriate.
- To ensure good quality assessment, planning, intervention and reviewing which is essential to providing good outcomes for children, as is detailed knowledge of law and policy relating to vulnerable children.
- Using specialist knowledge and expertise to provide a high level of support and supervision, providing advice and guidance to colleagues ensuring case work decisions are made in accordance with agreed procedures and professional standards.
- Take a lead in a specialist area of work or service or service development.
- Undertake specialist or complex casework where appropriate. To effectively manage risk where there is the risk of or actual, significant harm to children to ensure that children are kept safe and protected from abuse.
- Contribute to the development of services, the meeting of targets and the identification and facilitation of changes of direction ensuring that work is delivered on schedule.
- Work in partnership across the sectors to deliver services, give advice and support to internal and external service providers. This will ensure that information and good practice is shared and that communication is effective.
- Within the relevant service, area ensures that cases are managed with in accordance with the Safeguarding procedures for vulnerable people.
- To ensure that agreed thresholds for intervention are maintained and statutory requirements are met.
- Ensure records are kept in accordance with professional standards and prepare and present reports on cases and issues.
- Contribute to the determination of budgets and the allocation of funds. If relevant: contribute to the commissioning
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- A minimum of 2 years post qualifying UK experience
- Recognized and relevant professional qualification e.g. DipSW, CQSW, CSS.
- Significant post-qualification experience in a Local Authority child protection children's services setting.
- You will demonstrate specialist up to date knowledge of the service area of child protection, Public Law outline, Children in Need and Looked after children and be able to demonstrate knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, and codes of practice.
- Detailed understanding of successful strategies to improve outcomes for children, young people, and families.
- Evidence of on-going continuous professional development and a thorough knowledge of current legislation and practice relating to children and young people's services.
- Evidence of skills, knowledge, and experience to be able to assess and manage risk for the most vulnerable children in the community.
- Experience of staff supervision.
- Effective communication and relationship building skills.
- You will have a good level of general IT skills and the ability to use, or be trained in the use of, appropriate specialist in-house software packages.
- You must have a full driving license and access to a vehicle, insured for business use.
- Exemplify the Council's values and behaviors.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position, please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.