Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Schools Social Worker to work full-time based in Tower Hamlets. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £32 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- The main focus is to carry out statutory social work. Social workers will have an allocated caseload of children who have been referred to Children's Social Care (CSC) and have met the local authority's threshold for a service ranging from those who are children in need to those who are children looked after. However, due to the opportunities that will arise from social workers being based in school there may be an aspect of the role that could be described as Early Help; this may include advising staff, families and young people when they have concerns that they would like to discuss, or working with siblings in the family not considered as meeting threshold.
- Social Workers to be based in schools (fully embedded or remote approach with regular visits)
- The post holder will work directly with children and their carers using a range of knowledge, skills and interventions as required, in accordance with statutory responsibilities to secure positive outcomes for children.
- Be able to produce a variety of high quality professional written documentation to required quality standards on behalf of the Local Authority
- Effectively manage a caseload, with varying degrees of complexity including CIN/CP/LAC and court work.
- Work effectively with partner agencies and represent the Council at a range of meetings, proceedings and reviews as required.
- Ensure effective statutory intervention as well engage in preventative work within the remits of this project.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- 2 years of post-qualification experience working with children.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jess Ling; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.