Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy based in Chessington for a Social Worker to work within a Safeguarding Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with the HCPC.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £33,948 - £40,728 per annum.
Main purpose of the Job:
- To deliver all aspects of high quality social work provision to children and their families to support them improve outcomes.
- To undertake cases independently and demonstrate an ability to adapt the approach from first principles to deal with more complex or unusual cases, assessing and managing risks appropriately.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of young people, giving due consideration to their race, culture, religion and linguistic background.
- To manage an agreed caseload of children and young people in compliance with casework objectives, statutory and departmental policy and procedural requirements, consistently maintaining the highest level of professional standards.
- To undertake direct social work responsibilities as an allocated worker to the children and young people assigned, investigating concerns regarding a child or young person's safety or wellbeing, make an assessment of the risk and protective factors in the family and decide on the most appropriate course of action.
- To work to range of legal options to support investigation and protection and accommodation; if required give evidence in court; using contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances.
- Complete longer-term work with families in order to meet identified need and improve outcomes.
- To ensure the provision of clear written reports to child protection conferences, reviews, planning meetings and any other purpose as required, ensuring good quality casework analysis and risk assessment is evident throughout.
- To ensure reports are prepared for Court are of high quality, and to support and prepare workers in the Court process, including giving evidence in Court, as required.
- To work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to formulate care plans in partnership, based on their assessment of need, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to their planning.
- To ensure the planning and review of statutory work with children and young people is in accordance with statutory regulation and to produce written reports and other documentation for this purpose.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records, write reports as required; if required, give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- At least 1 years post qualified experience
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jamie Bartlett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.