Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work within Safeguarding Team based in Stevenage. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with the Social Work England.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £33,905- £39,799 per annum.
As a qualified social worker, you will be working at the forefront of best practice to deliver first class support to vulnerable children and families. This will include managing a complex and diverse caseload. As an innovation authority, we are committed to developing motivational social work practice and you will be trained to work in this way.
- By changing our approach to families, they are changing their approach to us and we are managing to keep far more children at home safely with their families. You will carry out assessments and develop plans to support families using leading edge practices to create effective solutions for the children and families that we work with. You must have excellent written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver welfare reports to conferences and court hearings.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- You will hold a professional qualification in social work or equivalent (eg DipSW, CQSW, CSS).
- To be considered for one of our safeguarding teams, you will need to be a qualified and registered Social Worker with at least one year's frontline experience as well as completion of your ASYE. You will have substantial knowledge of childcare legislation and experience of conducting assessments as well as presenting care plans to conferences and reviews.
- You must be passionate about working with families to achieve the best outcome and will be a competent and proactive team player to support the smooth running and working of the service.
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments
- Market Forces payment of up to £5000 (£4000 for CLA teams)
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate forthe role
- Car lease scheme
- Free parking at all of our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home and flexi time
- Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.