Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for a Safeguarding Liaison Officer Social Worker to work in Brent on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this role is £20 (Assignment rate) per hour and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Duty: initial data and information gathering for the Safeguarding Adults Manager to ensure they are in a position to make decisions on Safeguarding Alerts, duty visits and Mental Capacity assessments, taking responsibility for referring cases that do not meet the threshold
- Individual Cases: working to the Safeguarding Adults Manager (Senior Practitioner) taking a lead role in the effective implementation and communication of the Safeguarding Adults process to all involved
- Deliver one or more of the following areas: Mental Capacity/Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS); Brent Safeguarding Adults Board Performance Improvement Plan, Brent Safeguarding Adults Board Governance; Safeguarding Adults Performance Data and Monitoring
- They will also be expected to work flexibly in this role, cover for colleagues when required, and cover across the service area to ensure the Team and Department are focused on mitigating risks and improving outcomes for Adults at Risk.
- To receive calls to the Adult Safeguarding Team and deal with simple queries from other agencies, members of the public regarding referral of clients for adult safeguarding, referring more complex queries to a SAM.
- Monitor the incoming work and highlight to Duty SAM's the cases that need to be prioritised for action to ensure performance targets are met.
- Initial information gathering, under instruction, from the Safeguarding Adults Manager to help SAMs to make decisions on Safeguarding Alerts.
- Carrying out initial duty visits where appropriate.
- Referring cases that do not meet the criteria to the appropriate service and ensuring that this referral is actioned.
- Ensuring reports are provided by other agencies to assist SAM's with their decisions on cases.
- Communicating the outcome of the alert to the referrer.
- Processing of alerts and referrals on Framework.
- Recording of minutes for office duty meetings.
Requirements of the Safeguarding Liaison Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Safeguarding Liaison Officer job is advertised by Jake Merry; if you are interested in these positions please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.