Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Bexley, within the Referral and Assessment Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £43,000 per annum.
- Build positive, supportive, and respectful relationships with families in order to help support children in need of help or protection.
- Where possible, help support families to raise their children safely within their family network by supporting and augmenting their support network. Where this is not possible, alternate plans will need to be explored and implemented to help ensure children grow up in safe, nurturing, and happy homes that achieve long term permanence.
- Explore contingency plans that utilise the family’s support network as much as possible, even when exploring other caring arrangements for children.
- Regularly review the progress and implementation of children’s plans and update these based on new assessments or significant changes in the child or family’s circumstances.
- Make recommendations to the manager about the need to consider legal action when sufficient safety cannot be provided to a child in their current home.
- Carry out and regularly update assessments of a child’s needs that involve relevant family members and professionals in order to ensure these are holistic and can identify areas of strength and unmet need or concern.
- Undertake or cooperate with any child protection enquiries that are carried out in order to identify any risks or concerns for a child’s safety or wellbeing.
- Undertake regular visits to and work creatively with children and young people in order to develop a good rapport that allows you to obtain the child’s wishes and feelings, and to make sure these inform the work that you do.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Previous experience within frontline children’s social work, including experience working collaboratively with multi-agency partners and families, especially within diverse communities.
- Experience of working with adult mental ill health, substance misuse, domestic abuse and physical ill health that can impact a parent’s capacity to care for their child.
- Experience of working in a statutory child protection role, protecting children and young people who have experienced physical, emotional abuse and neglect.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.