Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award-winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time based in Bedford, within the Permanency Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £37,890 per annum.
- Carry a workload reflecting increasing complexity, risk, uncertainty and challenge.
- Work within relevant current legislation and the procedural framework of Bedford Borough Council (the Council).
- Work collaboratively with children, young people and families/carers to assess their needs and plan and deliver services in accordance with the social work team’s service area.
- Undertake assessments in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy, and procedures for the service and in the context of assessing risk to children and young people.
- Plan, implement and review a range of interventions for children, young people and families/carers in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy and procedures for the service.
- Make pro-active use of supervision to support effective practice, reflection and career development and to meet the objectives of Performance Development Reviews.
- Pro-actively engage with colleagues and a range of organisations to identify, assess, plan for and support the needs of children, young people and families/carers in order to promote positive change and independence, whilst demonstrating confident and effective judgement about risk to children and young people.
- Maintain accurate, up to date records safely and confidentially in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures. Produce succinct, well-structured records and reports, clearly recording and reporting analysis and judgements.
Requirements of Social Worker:
- Diploma or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Minimum of one year post qualifying experience within frontline social work, including in a hospital setting.
- Evidence of successful completion of Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) or the Children’s Workforce Development Council’s Newly Qualified Social Worker programme, or equivalent proven practice and successful probationary period (minimum of 1 year).
- Full driving licence and access to personal vehicle to travel efficiently between locations.
- Knowledge of principles underpinning the involvement of children/young people/families, application of legal and policy frameworks, and understanding of the practice area relevant to the post.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.