Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker or Community Mental Health Practitioner to work based in Shrewsbury.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker or Community Mental Health Practitioner role is £29 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Not including Bank Holidays.
- Office based with some working from home after settling in period of 6 weeks.
- Processing, assessing, and determining the mental health and social care needs of a person referred to determine their ongoing needs and facilitation of service provision.
- Leading on the assessment of people referred to the Access (All Age) Service.
- Ensure that the needs and views of carers, friends and family are considered (where this is deemed appropriate) and wherever possible that this is with the express consent of the service user. Ensure any appropriate carer assessments are carried out or arranged as required and referred to local authorities to offer support.
- Exchange information with other professionals in all clinical pathways and external organisations.
- Implement highly developed physical skills pertinent to the area of specialism, for example computer and keyboard skills, health and safety, de-escalation skills.
- Development and maintenance of effective communications within the area of work and promotion of positive working relationships with pathway colleagues, departments, and other agencies.
- Organising and delivering informal, team-based, training to the wider team which focuses on the needs of all age clients with functional mental health problems.
- Managing time effectively to ensure the best use of staff and resources when acting as Shift Co, informing senior members of the team/pathway when issues impacting on service delivery become apparent.
- To triage all initial requests, including those relating to Health and Social care, eg the Care Act, (2014) Appropriate Adult, Mental Capacity (i.e. Best Interests),(2005) and Mental Health Act assessments (1983/2007)and the Human Rights Act (1998).
Requirements of the Social Worker or Community Mental Health Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- At least two years of post-qualifying experience within frontline social work, including mental health experience.
- Previous experience of working in the community.
- High levels of concentration with frequent interruptions when performing tasks.
- Ability to use computers and other information technology as required.
- Working knowledge of risk assessment and management related to the area.
- Have good knowledge and understanding of Clinical Pathways.
- Able to lead on assessments by telephone confidently and competently.
- Knowledge of Children’s Act, Mental Health Act, the Mental Capacity Act and DOLS.
- Available to start as soon as possible.
- Ability to travel to locations if required.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker or Community Mental Health Practitioner job is advertised by Paige Westbrook; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.