Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Mental Health Team based in Lewisham. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults services
- Must have Discharge to Assess experience
- Recent Mental health experience of different mental disorders to include knowledge, understanding and skills of working with older adults aged over 65 years who have a dementia and/or a mental disorder.
- Have a thorough understanding of the use of the Care Act for assessments of need; to recognise and understand safeguarding issues and how to manage this under S42 of the Care Act; to have knowledge and the application of theories on social work, legislations, policies and guidance.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to include occupational therapists and psychiatrists.
- Have knowledge and skills in the use of Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act and anti-discriminatory and anti- oppressive policies. To use values and ethics as required by Social Work England under the Codes of Conduct.
- Be skilled in various I.T systems.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley McSheen; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.