Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Bromley, within the Mental Health Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £28 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To assess the needs of people with acute, complex or enduring mental health issues and the needs of carers.
- Together with the service users and carers, formulate and implement care plans appropriate to their needs.
- To monitor, review and evaluate services in order to ensure that they are provided effectively in accordance with need.
- Within the setting of a multi-disciplinary Rehabilitation Support Team, provide rehabilitation packages of care to service users.
- Provide an assessment and care management service to individuals, their carers and other agencies.
- Ensure the provision of an assessment, care coordination and care management service under CPA for service users and carers, and in collaboration with professional colleagues and representatives of voluntary and private agencies, and where appropriate, to undertake the role of Care co-ordinator.
- Monitor, review and evaluate care plans in order to ensure that they are meeting the needs of service users.
- Hold a small caseload concentrating on those with complex care needs.
- Review the needs of individual service users and their carers and to undertake Carer's Assessments where appropriate.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
- Ability to work under pressure and to cope with crisis.
- Ability to understand/communicate with people with acute/complex mental health needs.
- Ability to make and sustain relationships with people with mental health needs and their carers.
- Ability to negotiate for resources for people under the care of the service.
- Ability to assess needs, to design and implement care packages.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and maintain workload.
- Commitment to team working in a multi-disciplinary and fully integrated setting.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley McSheen; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.