Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for a Social Worker to work full time based in Worthing, within the Mental Health Social Work Discharge Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker is up to £32 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Act as an allocated social worker responsible for delivering a statutory social work service to those people who access or need specialist mental health services and will support their discharge from hospital.
- Work in partnership with the newly formed mental health hospital discharge hub including completion of all statutory work such as Care Act assessments, s117 aftercare planning meetings, safeguarding, Mental Capacity Assessments, Best Interest Meetings as well as any other social care related tasks and functions.
- Work flexibly in order to support customers, carers and families, sometimes out of normal working hours.
- Work in the community, wards, care homes etc as well as in the offices and some homeworking. Long distance remote working is not feasible for this role.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Approved Mental Health Practitioner (it is a requirement to have AMHP qualification or to be working towards the qualification to be complete within 2 years of appointment and to maintain level of knowledge).
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
- Able to travel independently throughout the county, including to areas that may not be easily accessible by public transport, so a driving licence is essential.
- Able to communicate in English with members of the public.
- Be double vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Ability to remain up to date with key legislation and apply legislative requirements within social work practice.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral format including the ability to explain complicated information to a wide range of people and negotiate and persuade others to adopt a particular course of action.
- Theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of social work.
- Good, up-to date working knowledge of legislation relevant to the specialist area of the post e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act.
- Evidence of good assessment skills, including the ability to ensure regular reviews and risk management with a variety of individuals, carers or families.
- Evidence of effectively prioritising work and meeting deadlines.
- Experience of managing levels of risk within a caseload.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley McSheen; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.