Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Worthing, within the Mental Health Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker role is £35 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Top of FormAct as allocated social worker responsible for delivering a statutory social work service to those people who access or need specialist mental health services, to include assessment, planning, implementing and review.
- Be responsible for leading on specialist areas of service delivery (for example peri-natal, early intervention, transitions and homelessness), ensuring that key developments are communicated to colleagues and that business change is successfully implemented.
- Work as part of a geographically based specialist mental health social work team, providing a service to people who are aged 18-65, with occasional contact with young people in transition, who are under 18.Bottom of FormTop of Form
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Ability to be proactive in having up-to-date knowledge and understanding of changes in legislation, white papers, current research and best practice developments.
- Highly developed communication skills in order to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral format, including the ability to explain complicated information to a wide range of people and negotiate and persuade others to adopt a particular course of action that they may not otherwise wish to take.
- Completion of relevant post qualifying training.
- Approved Mental Health Practitioner (it is a requirement to have AMHP qualification or to be working towards the qualification to be complete within 2 years of appointment and to maintain level of knowledge).
- Full, valid driving licence.
- Experience of working with service users with severe and enduring mental health problems in the community.
- Advanced knowledge of risk management within Mental Health.
- Breadth of understanding of the therapeutic interventions that can be used and an excellent understanding of the partnership agencies including health, housing, learning, statutory, voluntary and independent sector.
- Sound and accurate IT knowledge.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley McSheen; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.