Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Mental Health Team based in Southend-on-Sea. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £28 per hour (Assignment rate) and is available on a 3-month contract.
Purpose of the role:
- As postholder of this role you will be expected to support citizens with the aim to offer the appropriate support in the right place at the right time.
- It is important to understand individual's strengths, assets and wishes to maximise their potential for independence, recognising the importance of assuming that the individual is best placed to know their own outcomes, goals and wellbeing.
- If successful, you will hold a caseload of people with complex mental health needs and undertake comprehensive needs led assessments. Support individuals to develop personalised care plans that take account of community assets, informal networks, universal services and other support and provision which reduces dependency.
- Contribute to the provision of effective after care services, including those required under Section 117 and the Care Programme Approach.
- Finally, work with health and social care colleagues and other partners by engaging in innovative practice and a visionary approach to creating a better Southend. Participate in multi-disciplinary systems as appropriate, including joint screening and assessment as required.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
- Experience within Mental Health is preferable
This Social Worker job is advertised by Kristian Hammond; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.