Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Guernsey within a Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is a package of £41,378 - £52,124 per annum. Attractive relocation package** which includes a lump sum of up to £5,000, rent allowance payable over 2 years and a house purchase grant - terms and conditions apply.
- To assist in the provision and further development of an effective Multi Agency Support Hub (MASH) service for children and families within the Bailiwick by working closely with other agencies, professionals and members of the public and also to assist in the provision of an effective Children and Families Social Work Service.
- This will include undertaking child protection investigations, early help assessments and work with children in need, children in need of protection and children subject of Care Requirements in accordance with the Children (Guernsey and Alderney) Law 2008.
- Your post will rotate between the MASH and the locality teams.
- Actively participate in multi-agency information sharing, risk assessments and decision making discussions within the MASH.
- Respond to child protections concerns and undertake single and joint Child Protection Investigations when required.
- Complete Early Help Assessments identifying the most appropriate interventions to support children and their families.
- Assess the needs of children and families using theoretical frameworks in order to produce, appropriately monitor and review child's plans (single assessment). These will be within agreed timescales according to need.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Knowledge and understanding of theory and legislation that affects children and families and a good knowledge of child care practice.
- Experience of undertaking a variety of needs and risk assessments that are evidence and theory based and undertaking joint investigations.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and work in partnership with children and young people, parents, carers and other professionals.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.