Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Bexley, within the MASH Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £43,000 per annum.
- To build positive, supportive, and respectful relationships with families in order to help support children in need of help or protection.
- Where possible, you will help support families to raise their children safely within their family network by supporting and augmenting their support network.
- Where this is not possible, alternate plans will need to be explored and implemented to help ensure children grow up in safe, nurturing, and happy homes that achieve long term permanence.
- Work in a supported practice environment that respectfully challenges and enables you to use your professional judgement, autonomy, experience, knowledge, and skills.
- These all form the key aspects of the Signs of Safety practice model which are used when working with children, families, and the wider professional network.
- This team will focus on skilled, immediate investigation of referrals to ascertain what level of ongoing social care service is likely to be needed, for example quick resolution, diversion or prevention services or ongoing need for social care.
- To be able to apply relevant social work theories and research in a way that helps best understand the lived experiences of children and young people, such as child development, attachment theory, impact of childhood trauma, and the cycle of grooming and sexual abuse.
- To explore contingency plans that utilise the families support network as much as possible, even when exploring other caring arrangements for children.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Experience working collaboratively, cooperatively, and respectfully with multi-agency partners and families, especially within diverse communities.
- Experience using creative means of engaging children and families according to their age, level of cognitive development, and their ability to communicate and understand (ie: words and pictures, games or activities, using interpreters).
- Experience writing complex and sensitive reports, case notes, and court statements.
- Experience managing your own cases and workload in an organised manner.
- Have a proficient ability to speak, write, and read in English, with confidence and accuracy, whilst using the right kind of vocabulary appropriate to a given situation without a great deal of hesitation.
- Ability to listen to our children and families, understand their needs, and respond clearly even in complex situations.
- Knowledge of child development and what are typical age related physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and behavioural expectations for children and young people and how health, environmental, or genetic factors can influence them.
- Experience undertaking holistic assessments of children and their families using the assessment framework (triangle) for children in need.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.