Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Morden, within the Looked After Children Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £34,794 - £41,706 per annum.
To provide quality social work services to vulnerable children, young people and their families and/or carers, based on the policy and objectives of the Children, Schools & Families department.
Duties of the Social Worker:
- Manage a Children & Families caseload involving the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of appropriate action, to ensure that appropriate resources are deployed to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and their families
- Work in partnership with other agencies (health, education, police, voluntary sector etc.) to ensure individuals and families receive a coordinated response and appropriate services in proportion to their assessed need
- Employ a variety of evidence-based social work skills and methods in order to achieve specific objectives as agreed with service users and the Team Manager/ Assistant Team Manager
- Undertake direct work with children, young people and their families, taking into account their wishes and feelings
- Complete high-quality, robust assessments of need, using the Single Assessment Process including the gathering and analysis of information to inform judgements about risk of harm to children and young people
- Prepare, in a timely fashion, statements/applications for submission to Family Courts and represent the Council's Children, Schools & Families Service as and when required in Court in accordance with the Council's procedures to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- Ensure cases are promptly and effectively closed when appropriate to do so, under the direction of management
- Keep up to date with social work theories, legislation, corporate and directorate policies, local and agency practices, in order to disseminate knowledge and contribute to the delivery of a high standard of service
- Attend team meetings and participate in team development
- Prepare for and attend supervision sessions and appraisals and carry out actions as agreed in each session, under the overall framework of the Department's Supervision Policy and Appraisals Policy
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jamie Bartlett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.