Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy based in Redhill for a Social Worker to work within a Looked After Children Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with the HCPC.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £33,332 - £38,312 per annum.
About the job:
- To provide the social work service of assessment of need, care planning and, as appropriate, child protection investigation, to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with departmental policy, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Support alternative permanent care for children who must be separated from their families in a timely fashion. To supervise fostering / adoption arrangements.
- To contribute to ensuring a positive, high profile for Surrey Children's service in its dealings with the public, users and carers and external agencies.
- Taking guidance from more experienced staff, the role holder will undertake child protection investigations, act as key worker to children/young people with a Child Protection Plan, and undertake all related statutory responsibilities.
- Assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people with the support of the Team Manager and Service Manager, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations, to prevent harm and abuse.
- Contribute to the regular monitoring and review of services established to facilitate service improvement.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Neil Clements; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.