Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in South Gloucestershire, within the Looked After Children/Children in Care Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £28,785 to £34,788 per annum.
The South Gloucestershire Looked After Children's Team is based at our main office at Badminton Road, Yate. The Team comprises of 5 social workers, 1 senior social worker, a team manager and 2 social work assistants. The role requires you to work closely alongside children and young people who are looked after by the local authority and advocate on their behalf. We strive to ensure that all young people meet their full potential and have opportunities to achieve their best.
Duties of the Social Worker:
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities under relevant legislation as prescribed by the Team Manager.
- Manage a controlled caseload of children in need, children who need to be safeguarded and children in care.
- Undertake both initial and core assessments within the prescribed time-scales.
- Take responsibility for the continuing professional development of self and contribute towards the professional development of others.
- Contribute to the development of services, policies, practices which optimise life chances for children and young people through the medium of involvement in teams and working with colleagues in other Departments /Agencies.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory social work with children, young persons and families.
- You will have relevant experience of working in similar service areas. With effective interpersonal skills, be able to carry out good quality analytical assessments and outcome focussed care plans, communicate findings and risks to families, and keep detailed and accurate records.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, processes and procedures.
- Experience and skills in working with children, young persons and families in a statutory social work setting, in particular with looked after children.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.