Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Yate in a Looked After Children Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £28.22 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3 -month contract.
- Responsible for managing a caseload of young people who are moving to independence following being in care.
- Hold a combined caseload of young people who continue to have LAC status, together with some that are post-18.
- There will be a strong emphasis on continuity of care, and the post-holder will remain the case manager for the duration of the young person's involvement with the service.
- There will be a strong emphasis on service user involvement and ensuring that the young person's views are central to their own plan, and to the service they receive.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Skilled in assessment and planning, and be able to engage with potentially a wide range of service providers, to ensure that young people's needs are well met.
- The demands of the post will require the worker to be flexible and able to respond to crises as and when they arise.
- The post-holder will require substantial knowledge of issues relevant to young people, and the additional challenges experienced by young people leaving care.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Mark Andrews; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.