Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in King’s Lynn, within the Looked After Children and Permanence Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £43,000 per annum.
- Build positive, supportive, and respectful relationships with families in order to help support children in need of help or protection.
- Where possible, help support families to raise their children safely within their family network by supporting and augmenting their support network. Where this is not possible, alternate plans will need to be explored and implemented to help ensure children grow up in safe, nurturing, and happy homes that achieve long term permanence.
- Work with children and families in a variety of diverse and complex contexts, such as mental ill health, disability, substance misuse, domestic abuse, sexual exploitation, radicalisation, poverty, discrimination, and immigration.
- Undertake regular visits to and work creatively with children and young people in order to develop a good rapport that allows you to obtain the child’s wishes and feelings and to make sure these inform the work that you do.
- Explore contingency plans that utilise the families support network as much as possible, even when exploring other caring arrangements for children.
- Recognise the importance of working within existing laws, statutory guidance, and local safeguarding policies and procedures that govern the work we do.
- Carry out and regularly update assessments of a child’s needs that involve relevant family members and professionals in order to ensure these are holistic and can identify areas of strength and unmet need or concern.
- Undertake or cooperate with any child protection enquiries that are carried out in order to identify any risks or concerns for a child’s safety or wellbeing.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Previous experience within frontline children’s social work, including experience and understanding of permanence planning, working in a statutory child protection role, and working with adult mental ill health or disability that can impact a parent’s capacity to care for their child.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.