Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a permanent vacancy for a Social Worker to work full time based in Oxford, within the Looked After Children Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £32,234 - £37,890 per annum.
- To provide an efficient and effective service to children, young people and their families, ensuring that the needs of the children and their parents/carers are professionally assessed, and that relevant interventions are provided where needed, in a timely way.
- To work with families using the FSP Workbook modules, and a strengths-based approach.
- To prepare and submit written reports as and when required, including child protection conference reports and legal reports for care proceedings.
- To attend conferences, reviews and court as required for each case presenting plans clearly, with professionalism and integrity.
- To ensure the Assistant /Team Manager is kept fully appraised of significant information about allocated families, seeking advice as and when necessary.
- To attend group supervision when required and to ensure that relevant updates are provided before each group supervision session.
- To attend individual supervision when required and engage in continual professional development as recommended by the Assistant/Team Manager.
- To use ICT to maintain accurate case records, and to be able to record activity in line with key performance management data.
- To proactively liaise with and work in partnership other agencies and organisations, parents and carers.
- To ensure that the child’s voice is considered in all casework and included in all assessments and plans.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- At least two years of frontline experience within Children’s Services
- Have a knowledge of services relevant to children, young people, families, carers, groups and partner agencies
- Proven track record of safeguarding work with children in need of help and protection
- Have a working knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and the cycle of change and their application in social work with children and families
- Able to communicate appropriately and effectively, verbally and in writing with adults, children and other professionals, ensuring language is accessible to all
- Able to effectively use a range of IT systems (Word, Outlook and Children's Services Case Recording Systems)
- Able to support the work of the team, including participating in the duty rota
- Can travel to visit clients and attend meetings over a wide area and at short notice
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.