Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Bexley, within the Looked After Children Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker role is £30-£35 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- Apply the legal requirements of The Children Act 1989, The Children [Leaving Care] Act 2000 and as it relates to the client groups. Including Independent Needs Assessment, Care Planning and Pathway Plan reviews
- Apply the policies and procedures of Bexley Council – as they apply to the client groups.
- Work in partnership with other targeted and universal services to create holistic support packages for young people.
- Contribute to other forms of service delivery.
- Attend and contribute to case conferences, reviews and meetings.
- Provide written reports and assessments, provide management information and maintain case records.
- Provide court reports for cases in care proceedings
- Involve and consult with clients and their families in all matters relating to their welfare and development.
- Ensure, with other staff and volunteers that people from ethnic minorities and special needs groups receive services that are appropriate to their needs and are not discriminated against in their access to services.
- Contribute to the maintenance and updating of the teams financial and statistical systems.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post, which may be required.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline children’s social work.
- Proficient in IT systems or programmes e.g. Liquid logic or sufficient evidence provided.
- Educated to good standard in the English language verbal and written.
- Experience of working in a children and family setting prior to qualification (e.g. youth engagement or nursery/school placement) is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of the Children’s Act 89.
- Experience of undertaking assessments.
- Experience in writing complex and sensitive reports.
- Experience working in a multi-agency setting and diverse groups.
- Experience working with children with Behavioural problems ranging from 16 - 18 yrs.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jess Ling; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.