Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Walton, within the Looked After Children Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £45,246 per annum.
- To provide the social work service of assessment of need, care planning and, as appropriate, child protection investigation, to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with departmental policy, procedures, and relevant legislation.
- To support alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families in a timely fashion. To supervise fostering / adoption arrangements.
- Ensure a positive, high profile for Surrey Children’s service in its dealings with the public, users and carers and external agencies.
- Act as a mentor to social workers and support their development and undertake duties of a practice teacher as required.
- With appropriate training, undertake child protection investigations, act as key worker to children/young people with a Child Protection Plan and undertake all related statutory responsibilities.
- Assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations, to prevent harm and abuse.
- Contribute to the regular monitoring and review of services established to facilitate service improvement.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Substantial experience in assessing the needs of, and undertaking direct work with children and young people, and in working with parents, families, carers, and networks to achieve optimal outcomes for children and young people.
- Willing and able to travel around the county to meet the demands of the job.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.