Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Locality Team and Children with Disabilities Team based in Swindon.
The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is from £31,369 to £35,000 per annum, retention payments on top of salary; £3000 in year 1, £2000 in year 2 and £1000 in year 3.
- To provide professional and comprehensive casework to a caseload of children and young people appropriate to experience and capabilities.
- To ensure the highest of professional standards and good overall knowledge of relevant legislation regulation and practice methods.
- To contribute to the provision of good quality services which integrate government and local initiatives and guidance including, for example, Working Together, Child Protection procedures, Looked After Children's processes, the Assessment Framework and Common Assessment Framework.
- Manage an allocated caseload, including child protection, deemed suitable for a Qualified Social Worker who has completed their AYSE, undertaking assessments and other work to meet statutory requirements.
- Work within Swindon Borough Council policies, procedures and good practice guidelines in order to meet the needs of children and families.
- Work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to help them make informed decisions, engender change enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning.
- Ensure that work is up to date, with tasks completed to time scales set.
- Ensure supervisor is kept fully appraised of problems arising from casework, workload and seek advice as and when necessary.
- When working with families recognise monitor and assess risk, escalating issues to managers in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with service users and other professionals.
- Liaise with colleagues in own and other directorates and external agencies in order to gather information to inform assessment and care planning, joint planning and delivery of interventions.
- Maintain up to date case notes and other records using the relevant IT systems.
- Write assessments and reports as required, and give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
- Participate in planning and reviewing the cases of child protection, children in care and support fostering/adoption arrangements.
- Act as lead professional and lead and monitor multi agency actions and objectives.
- Where appropriate act as the duty worker for the team responding to queries and issues.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Recognised and relevant professional qualification e.g. DipSW, CQSW, CSS.
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Significant post qualification experience in a Local Authority child protection children's services setting.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position, please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.