As a senior social worker, you will be working within a Locality team based in Sunderland. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this role is £29,055 - £40,052 per annum.
- To carry out assessments of Children in Need and Children in Need of Protection
- Undertake direct work with children and their families
- Manage an assigned caseload of children and families
- Investigate complaints of alleged neglect, abuse or ill treatment of children
- Work to a range of legal options to support investigation and protection; if required give evidence in court; using contingency planning to plan for changingm circumstances
- Undertake direct social work responsibilities as an allocated worker to children and families assigned to monitor and review the implementation of care plans
- Ensure effective and timely communication across Child Protection services
Requirements of the senior social worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Current driving licence and access to a car or means to mobility support.
This senior social worker job is advertised by Mandy Hubert; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.