Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Locality/Court Team based in Manchester. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- As postholder of this role your primary focus will be to work with those children subject to Child in need, subject to child protection planning, those in the court arena and those who are in the pre proceedings process.
- You will be expected to have excellent communication skills, have an ability to communicate with children of all ages, have an ability to work with and alongside parents, family members and carers. Be adept at communicating with professionals.
- Challenge effectively and manage conflict with the ability to communicate difficult issues and retain channels of communication with difficult to reach families.
- Chair an effective meeting such as child in needs meetings and core groups, be able to have an analytical overview of children's needs and the risks and be able to formulate and review children's plans.
- Organise their calendar and time in order to balance a complex caseload.
- Prioritise work, understand and implement a performance and quality framework and work well within their team in terms of operating a court and locality duty rota and participate in reflective and group supervision.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Vaughan Graham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.