Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Tameside, within the ISCAN (Integrated Service for Children with Additional Needs) Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £26.88 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
You will be joining the team at a time of transformation and great investment into services for children and social work practice. You will be working within small social work teams, being case accountable for a complex and challenging case load of children and young people and completing all necessary statutory requirements within child protection and care planning processes.
Offering many benefits such as manageable caseloads, flexible working, a stable and permanent workforce and free parking.
Duties of the Social Worker:
- Undertaking assessments, direct work with children and families, Court work and formulating and implementing SMART plans.
- Joining a multi-agency team supporting disabled children and their families.
- Working alongside colleagues from multi-disciplinary professions who are also passionate about delivering the best possible services for disabled children.
- To be creative in the delivery of support to families using a range of interventions and be integral to the ongoing development of services for children and young people with additional needs.
- Caseload will range from Child in Need to Looked After Children where you may be working with a child until they reach 18 years of age.
- To undertake effective assessments of need in an innovative way with the ability to co-ordinate the provision of the appropriate services.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- This post requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure
This Social Worker job is advertised by Vaughan Graham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.