Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Merton, within the Hospital Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To carry out the process of MHA assessments, consistent with legal and statutory obligations.
- To identify the least restrictive options and to act as an autonomous professional, consistent with the mental health legislation and associated Codes of Practice.
- To engage and support Nearest Relatives when undertaking statutory work.
- To provide support and advice to colleagues in relation to statutory work, including Community Treatment Orders, Guardianship, Mental Health Tribunals and MCA issues.
- To carry our care co-ordination tasks and develop therapeutic relationships as appropriate, to facilitate engagement with the service.
- To carry out statutory duties and care co-ordination to patients detained outside of the locality.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
- Demonstrate experience, professional social work skills, values and theoretical knowledge when operating with or advising staff.
- Ability to demonstrate skills, sensitivity and understanding when making complex decisions affecting the service, the safety, wellbeing and quality of life of service users, their families and carers.
- Thorough understanding of legislation, guidance and developments in services to Service Users.
- Thorough understanding of the professional practice relating to safeguarding and working with complex individuals.
- Assessment skills, including mental state examinations, balancing risks and protective factors.
- Ability to balance statutory AMHP work alongside caseload management.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley McSheen; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.