Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Hounslow, within the Hospital Discharge Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To develop specialist expertise in social work methods with vulnerable residents, their families and carers with particular reference to discriminated against groups.
- To work to Social Work England's Standards of conduct, performance and ethnics and ensure continuing professional development.
- To cooperate in providing statistical and other information to assess the effectiveness of social services and to help the department achieve strategic objectives.
- To contribute to service reviews, projects and other activities, providing information for the planning and development of high-quality cost-effective services that are responsive to the changing needs of the target population.
- To inform the Team Manager and/or Deputy Team Manager of service delivery issues that may have implications for the department and/or are likely to be subject to publicity whether positive and/or negative ensuring that any concerns about Children in Need and safeguarding vulnerable residents are identified immediately.
- To provide information as required to assist with MP, Members, Freedom of Information, Data Protection and compliant investigations etc
- To maintain accurate, detailed and full records of interventions and record using IT system. This may include the provision of advice, assistance, evidence and written assessments.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
- Ability to achieve positive change through a systems approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work with communities, partner organisations and voluntary sector to maximise social capital for vulnerable residents and ensure support is culturally appropriate.
- Understanding of the benefits of annual appraisals and ability to recognise personal learning and development needs.
- Ability to help individuals in the development of bespoke support packages, including acting as an advocate in order for them to achieve the best outcomes.
- Ability to support the individual to complete the resident led assessment and helps them prepare and implement individual support plan and to undertake reviews.
- Ability to work in partnership with service users, carers, service providers, other teams departments and agencies, including health service colleagues in order to effectively co-ordinate interventions.
- Ability to be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be flexible, able to adapt to change and to be a team player.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Keiran Driver; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.