Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Harrow, within the Hospital Discharge Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in adults' services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £28 - £30 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Duties of the Social Worker:
- Conducting assessments with service users and carers to ensure safe discharges from hospital
- Making referrals including reablement and telecare
- Assessing people in their homes to facilitate discharge
- Assessing service users in care homes which are NHS funded
- Completing Mental Capacity Assessments
- Discharging those who are with a low level of care needs
- Working in the team duty desk
- Sign posting to community based services
- Arranging care plans for safe discharge
- Completing Need and continuing care assessments
- Sourcing residential placements
- Liaising with families, statutory organisations, advocates and home proprietors
- Carrying out safeguarding investigations
- Facilitating meetings
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within adults' services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Keiran Driver; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.