Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Derby, within the Homelessness Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker role is £27.02 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 12-month contract.
- To provide Social Work and Care Management services to customers who may be homeless, rough sleeping or of no fixed abode.
- To offer a flexible support service which helps customers access a range of statutory and non-statutory services, helping customers to navigate their way around social care, health, housing and employment and achieve sustained long-term outcomes.
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team working within the Multi-Agency Rough Sleeper Hub to support customers with care and support needs to engage.
- To undertake assertive outreach activity in partnership with housing and health partners to maximise the opportunities for homeless customers to engage in social care assessments and reduce safeguarding risks.
- To co-ordinate and undertake the assessment of needs of designated customers. To work with customers and their carers in accordance with agreed multi-agency assessment processes and hospital discharge procedures.
- To undertake Safeguarding Adults Enquiries in line with the Care Act 2014 and Derby and Derbyshire Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures, coordinate and chair safeguarding meetings, formulate safeguarding safety plans and to monitor and review actions identified in safety plans.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- At least two years of post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Must have experience of working with customers within the homelessness community / substance misuse.
- Car driver essential.
- Must have received two vaccines to comply with upcoming legal requirements as the role may involve going into care homes or able to produce medical exemption certificate.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Paige Westbrook; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.