Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time based in Manchester, within the Front Door Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £26.88 - £30.00 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Be responsible for supporting a small team of social workers and contact officers with referrals that are received via Manchester City Council contact centre, this will include safeguarding adult referrals
- Provide professional oversight and supervision in difficult and complex situations to a group of professionally qualified Social Workers and other staff, ensuring that necessary legal, policy and ethical imperatives are maintained in working with customers of the service
- Support the leadership of the Team Manager providing a consistent and effective service in complex individual and family situations, maintaining good working relationships within the team, with other Council services and with a range of external partners
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of social care, ensuring the effective discharge of statutory responsibilities and the provision of a high quality standard of service
- Manage safeguarding risk effectively, working within a multi-agency environment to provide a professional social work service
- Effectively manage a caseload of a high level of complexity with appropriate supervision, guidance and support
- Be accountable for highly complex decision making across a range of social work duties and responsibilities, providing best quality supervision and support in developing Social Work skills
- Ensure an effective safeguarding process within the locality or hospital setting, managing the process of investigations, protection planning and consistent recording to a required standard
- Manage the proper application of the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act, ensuring effective support to the most vulnerable people is sustained
- Prepare and produce a variety of high quality and professional written documentation on behalf of the City Council in accordance with national and local policies and procedures and within agreed timescales
- Work in conjunction with and providing consultation to partner agencies to deliver effective planning for adults and their families to ensure positive outcomes for adults in Manchester
- Representing the City Council at a range of meetings, proceedings and reviews as required
- Ensure that the practice of ethical record keeping is observed and recording is evidence based, accurate and up to date
- Take an active role in team and service development
- Supervising new staff and students and leading in the development of policies, procedures and training activities, supporting the Team Manager in achieving and sustaining a high performance culture within the team
- Ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults’ Services
- Personal commitment to continuous self development and service improvement
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Paige Westbrook; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.