Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Rochester, within the Fostering Supported Lodgings Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £40,928 per annum.
- To assess, plan, and use evidence based analytical practice to assess prospective supported lodgings providers.
- To contribute to the recruitment of supported lodgings providers, with involvement in an active recruitment campaign, being responsible for responding to initial enquiries, undertaking initial visits, and co-hosting information sessions.
- To work to a structured time management practice; responding to enquiries, submitting reports, assessments and plans within regulated timescales.
- To supervise approved supported lodgings providers and support their work with young people transitioning to independent living.
- To contribute to the delivery of a highly effective Children’s Social Care Service, taking responsibility for working and managing a caseload within a framework of appropriate supervision. (This will be dependent upon the complexities of the cases and the post qualification experience of the social worker).
- To maintain accurate written and computerised records, in accordance with agreed procedures and in order to meet legislative responsibilities.
- To contribute to the tracking and monitoring of statistics for collation to Senior Management.
- To adhere to and uphold the codes of conduct set out by Medway Council and Social Work England.
- To be competent in all areas of the PCF at Social Worker level and The Knowledge and Skills Statement (KSS) for approved child and family practitioners.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- At least three years of post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Be a good listener, non-judgemental, and focused.
- Full driving licence and access to personal vehicle.
- Experience in recruiting and assessing foster carers, completing Form F assessments, and taking prospective carers to Fostering Panel.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of relevant theoretical frameworks, practice models, research findings and the application of psychological and human development theories.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess the needs of prospective carers within an analytical and holistic framework; using appropriate tools to achieve the desired outcome for this group of service users.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Children’s Services policies, legislation, professional practice issues and developments.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Charlie Reeve; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.