Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work as a Reviewing Officer based in Tower Hamlets, within the Fostering Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker role is £42 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Chairing independently Initial and Review Child Protection Conferences, Children Looked After reviews and Foster Carers Annual Reviews.
- Ensuring that all Child Protection Initial and Review Conferences, Children Looked After Reviews and Foster Carers Annual Reviews are within the statutory time limits and conform to statutory guidelines.
- Undertake Midway Monitoring of each child’s CP Plan / Care Plan following their review meeting.
- Escalate drift and delay in children’s plans through the use of the Resolution Policy.
- Provision of professional consultancy, guidance and advice to managers and practitioners.
- Monitoring, developing, and promoting consistent good practice standards in the implementation and interpretation of child protection and children looked after policy and procedure. Ensure performance indicators and standards are achieved within the Councils framework.
- Supporting the continuous improvement in standards of practice in relation to Child Protection and Children Looked After within a Performance Improvement Strategy.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Substantial post qualifying experience in children and families work, having regularly undertaken complex assessments of children and families.
- Experience of chairing multi-agency meetings.
- Extensive experience of applying thresholds to children subject to the assessment framework, child in need, child protection and children looked after.
- Thorough understanding of statutory duties within the principles of relevant legislation, including the Children Act, Leaving Care Act and Fostering Regulations.
- Thorough understanding of up-to-date social work theories, policies and procedures relevant to the service area.
- Understanding of the principles and methods of child protection, child in need, family support and corporate parenting.
- Knowledge of managerial processes in relation to children in need, child protection and children looked after.
- Understanding of and commitment to the Council’s Equalities policy and its implications for employment and service delivery.
- Ability to complete written work to a high standard and within timescales.
- High level of communication skills in group and individual settings.
- Willingness to work outside of contracted hours in the evenings and weekends subject to notice.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jess Ling; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.