Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Southend-on-Sea, within the Fostering Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £37,890 per annum.
- To recruit, train, assess, supervise, and support Foster Carers in their role of looking after children and young people.
- To ensure the highest professional standards and a good overall knowledge of relevant children’s and fostering legislation, regulations, and practice methods.
- To provide a supportive and efficient service to children, young people, their families, and fostering families ensuring that the needs of children and their parents and carers are professionally assessed.
- Investigate, evaluate, and analyse information on cases, demonstrating clarity of assessment, reliability of information, evidence in conclusions, and realistic action plans.
- Develop practice which takes a holistic view of the individual, locating them in their immediate and extended social circles and having full regard to their development needs.
- Ensure that investigations, enquiries, and assessments are completed to high professional standards within agreed timescales.
- Ensure that all case management complies with statutory requirements and the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Liaise with and work in partnership with other agencies and organisations, to support care plans of children in placement and the work of foster carers.
- Undertake the recruitment, assessment, training, and the initial and ongoing development of foster carers, enabling the service to meet the diverse needs of children.
- Attend panels, conferences, reviews, and court as required for each case presenting the Council plans and opinions with professionalism and integrity.
- Prepare and submit written reports as and when required.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Knowledge and understanding of the framework for the assessment of children in need and their families, knowledge of relevant legislation, and knowledge of social work and their applications (ie. Attachment theory, enabling change, behaviour management).
- Experience of multi-disciplinary working with children and families.
- Good keyboard/ICT skills.
- Good communication skills.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.