Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work part-time (18 hours per week) based in Waltham Forest, within the Fostering Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £21,000 per annum.
- Undertake assessments of all private fostering arrangements notified to the Borough within regulatory timescales, having an emphasis on safeguarding of the child within the arrangement and to liaise with the MASH team when required.
- Ensure all ongoing private fostering arrangements are supported and visited within regulatory timeframes.
- Promote awareness of Private Fostering within the Borough with partner agencies and residents.
- Deliver professional social work services within the practice standards and the statutory and regulatory framework in current use.
- Support children’s outcomes within private fostering arrangements by undertaking thorough assessments and the provision of high-quality support to these arrangements.
- Maintain accurate and contemporaneous records.
- Plan, deliver, and oversee programmes or packages of care and/or support or other interventions for a complex caseload. Monitor and review cases.
- Provide professional expert advice and guidance to colleagues and partner agencies in supporting children and young people.
- Liaise internally and externally and work with colleagues from other agencies to ensure children and young people’s interests and supported.
- Maintain properly documented case files, records and information. Prepare standard reports as required.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Significant post-qualifying experience within frontline children & families social work.
- Experience of undertaking highly complex casework within a statutory children’s setting.
- ICT skills including use of Microsoft applications.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.