Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Fostering Team based in Sheffield. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with Social Work England.
The role will be full time and the applicant should be able to work both in an office environment and at home.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £31 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To visit personal referees as identified on application form for prospective foster carer/s.
- To ensure that all checks and references are undertaken and completed.
- To liaise with the Fostering Admin Team concerning the progress of administrative checks
- To liaise with the child's social worker and attend relevant meetings and court hearings.
- To provide the connected carer with support and guidance
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant experience of fostering
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Knowledge of current fostering legislation and regulations
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent assessment and report writing skills
- Ideally have experience in completing fostering assessments and be able to meet tight timescales
This Social Worker job is advertised by Giorgio Dimuccio; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.