Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Brecon, within the Family Time Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker role is £15 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Provide supervised contact between children, young people and their parents or other significant persons in their life.
- Ensure that children are safeguarded at all times during the contact session, and that the contact is, as far as possible, a positive experience for all concerned.
- Provide support to vulnerable children, young people, and their families and promote positive relationships whilst decisions are being made regarding the future care plans for children.
- At times, transport children to and from the contact venue.
- Ensure that the people having contact with the children are in the right frame of mind, and not obviously under the influence of alcohol or drugs, to enable the contact to proceed without risk to the children.
- Record and write up observations during supervised contact, taking into account parents’ capacity to meet the needs of their children.
- Prepare the room for contact prior to the contact, making sure the room is set up so it is age appropriate including the equipment and/or games, toys etc.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Diploma or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Care Wales registration.
- Recent post qualifying experience within frontline children’s social work, including experience of working with children and their carers, managing individuals in highly emotional states, and working in a care-related service.
- Understanding of safeguarding issues and the needs of Service Users and their Carers.
- Knowledge of current legislation.
- Current driving licence and access to personal vehicle to travel extensively both inside and outside of the county.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Kelly Page; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.