Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Milton Keynes, within the Family Support Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Duties of the Social Worker:
- Offering support to care leavers aged 16 to 25 years old depending on educational status
- Offering support to find suitable housing
- Helping with applications for benefits
- Working with care leavers to form pathway plans
- Helping to arrange further education or with applications to find employment
- Presenting cases to the Commissioning panel when accommodation funds are required
- Carrying out statutory visits
- Support young people with their weekly living allowance
- Carrying out assessments to see what support is required for the care leaver
- Advocating on behalf of the care leaver
- Ensuring all statutory requirements of a care leaver are being met and legislation is fully adhered too
- Maintaining regular contact with the care leaver
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Leon Ali; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.