Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Essex, within the Family Support & Protection Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £207 per day (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Duties of the Social Worker:
- Assess, plan, review and provide support to a child, family or carer with complex family or social care needs, taking full account of appropriate legal frameworks, policy and guidance
- Assess family functioning, providing help and support, when relationship breakdown threatens to impair the health or well-being of children at risk of abuse or neglect
- Work collaboratively, building effective working relationships with other professionals, internally and externally to help children, young people and families improve and gain control of their lives when safety or ability to participate in their community is restricted
- Carry out an assessment or enquiry and plan responses to safeguard a child from abuse, neglect or exploitation, building effective relationships with children, adults and families as appropriate, including intervention when information or circumstances suggest there may be a need to remove a child from their parents or carers
- Arrange appropriate alternative care (including, where appropriate a permanent home) in collaboration with children, young people and their parents/carers where the parents/carers cannot care for them
- Accountable for making recommendations about whether a case has reached the threshold for statutory intervention
- Promoting autonomy and development with individuals who have complex social needs and are more vulnerable as a result of disability, exclusion, or diminished capacity, for example, working with people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities or diminished capacity
- Carry out age and human rights assessments as appropriate
- Maintain up to date, accurate and high-quality records of activity on cases. Participate in a range of planning and decision-making forums including case discussions, Strategy Meetings, Legal Planning meetings, Child Protection Conferences, Statutory Reviews
- Make a report to support an application for a care, adoption or other order as relevant
- Write court reports and give evidence in relation to children at risk during legal proceedings
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Must be a car driver
This Social Worker job is advertised by Tom Loomes; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.