Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Horsham, within the Family Support and Protection Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £49,339 per annum.
- Act as a professional with excellent knowledge, integrity and challenge in line with the Professional Capabilities Framework.
- Deal with complex cases within a specialist area including working alongside many other agencies, dealing with complex family dynamics, managing complex risk levels and considering legal issues.
- Manage a caseload under regular supervision and prepare for and work with individuals, families, carers, groups, and communities to assess their needs and circumstances.
- Implement a range of therapeutic interventions to support change.
- Support equality and diversity and respect anyone working for or in contact with WSCC.
- Evaluate and monitor progress against the planned interventions, responding appropriately to changes in circumstances or where solution is not delivering the required results.
- Report any allegation or suspicions of abuse or potential abuse of a vulnerable person to an immediate manager or supervisor. Contribute to Safeguarding Investigations and child protection planning where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records of all work undertaken and production of case reports and correspondence for a variety of audiences including meetings, conferences, court, panels and other agencies.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- At least one year of post-qualifying experience within frontline family social work.
- Demonstrate relevant theoretical Social Work concepts, practices and detailed organisational knowledge relating to the provision of a professional Social Work service dealing with complex issues e.g. attachment, impact of developmental trauma & child development.
- Have an understanding of the therapeutic interventions that can be used e.g. solution focused, systemic and evidence-based programmes and an excellent understanding of partner agencies.
- Completion of relevant post qualifying training.
- Experience of effectively coaching and supervising others, acting as practice role model and promoting exemplary practice.
- Valid, full driving licence and access to personal vehicle.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.