Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Bexley, within the Family Support and Child Protection Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £32,517 - £41,934 per annum.
- Build positive, supportive, and respectful relationships with families in order to help support children in need of help or protection.
- Help support families to raise their children safely within their family network by supporting and augmenting their support network.
- Explore and implement alternate plans to help ensure children grow up in safe, nurturing, and happy homes that achieve long term permanence. This will require working in a supported practice environment that respectfully challenges and enables you to use your professional judgement, autonomy, experience, knowledge, and skills.
- Use Signs of Safety practice model when working with children, families and the wider professional network.
- With supervision and advice, manage a caseload which may include the more vulnerable clients or those with complex problems and may be expected to accept responsibility for action in relation to the liberty or safety of clients in emergency situations.
- May be expected to concentrate on specific areas of work where such concentration arises primarily from organisational needs and to supervise trainees or staff other than Social Workers.
- With access to advice and within normal arrangements for professional accountability, accept full responsibility for managing a caseload that will include the more vulnerable clients or those with particularly complex problems in situations where personal liberty or safety is at stake.
- Expected to contribute to the development of other Social Workers.
- May be expected to concentrate on specific areas of work requiring more developed skills.
- May be expected to contribute to the development of new forms of work or service.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Have a proficient ability to communicate in English and be able to influence others in an effort to help coordinate services and supports in the best way possible to keep children as safe and well cared for as possible.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.