Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Oxfordshire for a Social Worker to work within the Family Solutions Plus Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £32,234 - £37,890 per annum.
- Provide professional social work to a caseload of children, young people and families, appropriate to experience and capabilities, ensuring their views are heard
- Ensure the highest of professional standards and good overall knowledge of relevant law, legislation and practice in line with the values and principles of FSP
- Ensure provision of good quality services which integrate government and local guidance and initiatives including, Children Acts 1989 & 2004, Working Together, local Child Protection and Looked After Children procedures, and the DoH Assessment Framework 2000
- Provide an efficient and effective service to children, young people and their families, ensuring that the needs of the children and their parents/carers are professionally assessed, and that relevant interventions are provided where needed, in a timely way
- Work with families using the FSP Workbook modules, and a strengths-based approach
- Prepare and submit written reports as and when required, including child protection conference reports and legal reports for care proceedings
- Comply with OCC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others
- Work independently on complex cases requiring a high degree of analysis and evaluation
- Motivate and develop newly qualified and less experienced social workers
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Post-qualifying experience, which must demonstrate relevance to the post
- Statutory social work experience and experience within an appropriate health or social care role with a recognised provider
- High quality record keeping and chronologies within appropriate timescales
- Direct experience of complex statutory safeguarding casework and the PLO, including the completion of social work evidence for the family Court
- Knowledge of services relevant to children, young people, families, carers, groups and partner agencies
- Able to support the work of the team, including participating in the duty rota
- Able to motivate people you work with (families and colleagues)
- Commitment to, and understanding of, the principles of Equal Opportunities for all, in employment and the delivery of services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.