Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Family & Friends Team based in Croydon. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker role is £32 - £35 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
The team undertakes:
- Viability Assessments for children to live with family or connected carers. These assessments can be planned or emergency cases when children have to be "accommodated" as looked after children by the Local Authority. These assessments are statutory requirements and must be completed before a child goes to live with a connected person or within 24h.
- Special Guardianship Assessments - This is usually court ordered and must be undertaken as part of private or public proceedings for any person who expresses an interest to care for a child who lives in Croydon or is known to the Local Authority as a child in care (might be placed outside Croydon). Those are statutory and court ordered, complex assessment and support plans. These may be national or international.
- Connected Persons Fostering Assessments - Those are assessments for carers who wish to care for a child known to them under a Fostering arrangement. Those assessments are complex assessments and again required a detailed understanding of National Minimum Standards for fostering, The Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (England) Regulations 2010 etc.
- Supervisory role with carers approved under Reg 24 whilst Connected Persons assessments are being undertaken, this adds a safeguarding role as part of the supervision of the placement as well as ultimately informing whether the placement is appropriate
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Must be Social Work England registered
- Previous experience
This Social Worker job is advertised by Megan Roberts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.