Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time based in Croydon, within the Families Services.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £38,883 - £43,860 per annum.
- Undertake a range of statutory duties in accordance with the Children Act 1989 and in relation to children and their families who are in need/ in need of protection, and other child care services
- Manage a Children and Families caseload of various levels of complexity, including assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of appropriate action and to ensure that resources are utilised effectively to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and their families
- Manage a Children and Families caseload, to include complex and diverse cases involving assessments, reviews, interventions and preparation of reports to effectively meet the needs of the child
- Ensure and evidence that children, parents and family members are partners in assessment, planning and the delivery of help and services and this directly impacts outcomes
- Promote a practice philosophy that seeks to empower service users, build on individual strengths, and develop strategies that support them to understand, manage and respond to risk and to ensure assessments and plans reflect this
- Ensure that partner professionals and agencies are fully engaged and coordinated in assessment, planning and the delivery of help and services
- Contribute to the delivery of the Service's engagement strategy and, depending on level, have responsibility for a particular relationship
- Build up a comprehensive knowledge of all available services and make full use of them through evidence-based matching
- Maintain records that evidence our engagement with children and families, informs the quality assurance framework e.g. quantitative, qualitative and outcome information for the children and families; the views and experiences of children and families
- Apply the research evidence, legislation, guidance etc. in practice: in assessments, professional judgments, care plans, direct work with children and families and matching of child/family needs and services
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Registered as a social worker with the HCPC
- Working knowledge of national policy and developments regarding children's social care, and policy areas that impact children's social care
- Able to work outside of normal office hours when required and outside of the Borough
- Undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to employment and then every three years
- Demonstrable working knowledge of relevant legislation, statutory guidance, standards and procedures
- Able to engage and develop effective professional relationships with children and families to achieve sustainable positive outcomes
- Able to engage and develop effective professional relationships with other professionals and organisations for the benefit of individual children and families in assessment, care planning and delivery
- Experience of working in a statutory setting with children and making professional judgments that deliver improved outcomes
- Experience in effective analytical assessments and outcomes-focused care plans
- Ability to assess children and families holistically in relation to their need for support and/or protection from harm
- Able to comply in practice with statutory requirements and guidance, and local procedures and standards
This Social Worker job is advertised by Neil Clements; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.