Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Family and Fostering Team based in Hertfordshire. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £28 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Undertake the full range of social work duties in relation to statutory Family Placement work, such as fostering assessments, supervision, training and support. All in accordance with the National Minimum Standards for Fostering Services and Fostering Services Regulations. Complete Special Guardianship reports, which comply with SGO Regulations and support Special Guardians in line with those Regulations. At all times to promote the best interests of children and young people.
- Work alongside members of area teams, making and supporting placements, contributing to the planning and reviewing of children's placements, offering advice on family placement matters and attending departmental meetings as delegated by the Team Manager.
- Keep up-to-date with legislation, research and practice in relation to child care and the placement of children within their extended network.
- Manage time to complete assessments, checks, reviews and supervision to meet the statutory timescales and court direction.
- Carry a caseload of cases in the team, including a range of work such as assessing, supervising and training foster carers, maintaining appropriate records, and working to departmental policies and procedures as reflected in the responsibilities of the team.
- Produces assessments that are clear, analytical and evidence based and answer to those assessments within panel and the court arena, where needed.
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Tom Loomes; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.