Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within an Early Intervention/Discharge to Assess Team based in Basildon. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £28 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Manage a caseload, including assessment of risk and purposeful intervention through direct work, commissioned services and review.
- Quality assuring interventions and balancing need with finance.
- Service/Functional Accountabilities.
- Assess complex social care needs and provide support to vulnerable adults, which enable them to live healthily and independently.
- Develop support plans that gain commitment to solutions that drive the care required for each individual's needs.
- Accountable for working within the statutory legal framework, policy and guidance and determining when the threshold for statutory intervention has been reached.
- Work collaboratively building effective relationships with internal and external partnerships and stakeholders, and the voluntary sector to assist children and vulnerable people in gaining support for inclusivity from within the community.
- Accountable for conducting assessments and plan responses to safeguard a child or vulnerable adult include intervention as required.
- Develop a client centric approach which enables early intervention and prevention and increases independence.
- Pro-actively influences in a range of planning, decision making and case discussions inter-agency.
- Work with families, communities and individuals to help people age well supporting the Council's wider strategic aims.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults services
- Must have a good understanding of Hospital discharge and Continuing Health Care processes.
- Experience of developing strong working relationships with partners, other agencies and the voluntary sector to deliver improved outcomes.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Kristian Hammond; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.