Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Cwmbran, within the Duty, Assessment, and Early Help Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £37,849 per annum.
- Manage a Children & Families caseload of various levels of complexity, involving the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of appropriate action, contributing to the effective application of resources to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and their families.
- To possess a high quality of professional social work knowledge and skills.
- To manage a caseload to include complex and diverse cases, involving assessments, reviews and the preparation of reports and court attendance, to effectively meet the needs of the client group.
- To work in a flexible and imaginative way to provide support and advice for children, young people, their families, and carers in accordance with the principles of the 1989 Children’s Act.
- To complete quality assessments of individuals and families, analysing strengths and risks.
- To formulate plans to meet assessed needs and risks building on strengths of children, families, and carers.
- To implement agreed plans to safeguard children and to increase the capacity and resilience of their parents and/or carers.
- To undertake office duty and respond to crises, as and when required.
- To assist in developing the existing services for children, their families, and carers and to help shape future services.
- To work as part of a team and thereby contribute to the development of the service.
- To supervise students, where appropriate.
- To initiate and develop effective working relationships with foster carers as professionals.
- To initiate and develop effective working relationships with partner agencies.
- To develop own professional skills through supervision sessions and through undertaking appropriate training and development.
- To maintain awareness of changes in legislation, related policies and practices and implement these within own professional practice.
- To maintain accurate records, which are up to date.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.