Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in St Helens, within the Children’s Duty Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £39,000 per annum.
- Manage a protected caseload within a framework of supervision, including the referral, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of appropriate action to ensure that resources are utilised effectively to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, families, and carers.
- Carry out timely assessments on children, young people, and families in accordance with the Framework of Assessment and Working Together guidance.
- Ensure assessments and planning for children and young people actively promote the participation and engagement of all relevant agencies, the child/young person and their family.
- Assess the needs of children and young people who require social work services, including the identification of risk and the need for protection. To develop, coordinate and delivery multi-agency plans to meet assessed needs and to review these plans to ensure they continue to meet assessed needs.
- Prepare/facilitate care plans for children and young people which take account of their views and wishes in the implementation of these care plans.
- Undertake social work with families in order to reduce the need for care or accommodation, and a range of community care and safeguarding assessments in accordance with relevant statutory requirements, identifying risks and appropriate support plans.
- Accurately record, critically analyse and keep up to date information using the appropriate IT systems in accordance with the Departments recording policy. To produce relevant reports, including court statements to a high standard, as required.
- Undertake the range of duties and responsibilities on behalf of the Department as specified in the Children’s Act 1989 and such other legislation as is or may be appropriate to work with children and their families.
- Work to overcome hostility and resistance to social care involvement. To work in partnership and undertake negotiation with families and professionals for full participation in assessment, planning, review and decision making, at all times prioritising safety of children/young people.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline children’s social work.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley Eales; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.