Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work as a Children's Clinician full-time in Cambridge & Peterborough. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £32 - £38 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To deliver an agreed package of care, to Children and families, with complex problems across the developmental spectrum, and managing these within the context of multidisciplinary working.
- Provide expert and specialist assessment, formulation and treatment using evidence based therapeutic interventions, to a small group of children and their families who cannot be supported by any other services
- Deliver training and support to foster carers, helping them to develop insight and a toolkit to enable carers to parent in an attachment-focused and trauma informed manner.
- Provide consultation to other professionals working with the family and young person allocated to you within children's social care, health and education teams.
- To respond to child protection concerns which arise in the course of interventions, in line with child protection procedures and guidance and to take responsibility for one's own decision making in high-risk cases using the supervisory framework.
- To manage frequent exposure to highly distressing and emotionally charged circumstances, and maintain substantial mental effort through frequent and intense levels of concentration and attention, including maintaining therapeutic rapport with a large group of people across an age range and with often multiple and conflicting requests, views and abilities.
- To ensure the outcomes of the service are delivered across the two Authority's principles, values and Key Performance Indicators.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Tom Loomes; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.